Saturday, March 18, 2006

Things destined to spiral out of control in a hideously tragic, but potentially very amusing way:

this


ALSO: PP very kindly gave one of his five* copies of Decline and Fall, which I am saddened and disappointed to report I enjoyed very much. Particularly the singing in the chapel bit, which I fully intend to steal at some point. Also, EW plays something of a blinder in getting in and out of scenes, which on a technical level (ooh get me) impressed me all over the shop.


* Five!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a brilliant idea! Although you are so right about it going wrong...water fights always did when I was little!

cello said...

Water fights always make my knees go wobbly. And pillow fights. It's the laughing that does it I think

James Henry said...

It's the idea of pulling out concealed pistol-shaped weapons in LA that I find particularly amusing. I predict the first death in a little under ten minutes.

I never got the hang of the amusing/slightly saucy water/pillow fights. I just want to win, and people end up in sobs.

patroclus said...

Re. Decline & Fall: Woohoo! Victory! And other triumphant cries. Glad you enjoyed it, although quite frankly it would be difficult not to.

Abaculus said...

There was a similar Assassins thing going on back when I was at university. I once heard about a student who hadn't left his accommodation block for a whole term because he was afraid of getting 'killed'.

There are people who play live Pac-Man in the grid-based streets of New York, too.

James Henry said...

You are wise to await my pronouncement. The word of the blue cat has, after all, caused empires to crumble and corrupt politicians to tremble in their expensive shoes. However I'm not sure I'm going to be seeing it at all, having seen some truly dreadful chunks of the script floating about on t'net. And I never got into the comic that much, I'm ashamed to say. I'll turn the question around and ask 'what did you think of it belladonna?'.