Thursday, June 26, 2008

Friday Music Video: Vampire Weekend, Sufjan Stevens

Vampire Weekend - "Oxford Comma"



I'm a sucker for the one-take music video, but interesting to see this one was directed by Richard Ayoade ('The IT Crowd'), and rather a good job he seems to have made of it too.

Also:

Sufjan Stevens - "John Wayne Gacy, Jr."



PP sent me this link with the comment "This is just weird, listen out for the noises in the background- very very very creepy."

I can't hear anything spooky - someone at the end does murmer 'ohhhh god', but presumably he's just transported by being in the presence of a clearly very talented type person, and who wouldn't be?

It did remind me how much I love the song though.

3 comments:

Billy said...

John Wayne Gacy - best serial killer song ever. Almost makes you feel sorry for the man.

Paul Pennyfeather said...

This is really cool too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uceNZtKZAnc
I love Sufjan, but I don't make noises like that when I hear him, just when I see the Blue Cat

James Henry said...

Yes, it's sometimes quite off-putting for the other patrons of Patisserie Valerie.

Like that other Sufjan one. Friday is Sufjan day!